CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I loved San Fran....



Most people or at least chocolate lovers know Ghiradelli was founded in San Fran so we visited the square early Sat morning. It was only 10 o'clock and I made Zack order a hot fudge sundae with me. (Of course he barely had a few bites.) Below is us enjoying our treat.



This is a pic at the top of Lombard street. Its the famous (very steep) crooked street. It zigzags the whole way down- you can't tell from the pic b/c of how steep it is. We were on the cable car back to our hotel so we didn't get off to see it. Maybe next time



Before we hitched a ride on the cable car (or trolleys) we were walking up part of Nob Hill and saw the TransAmerica building in the background. Thats me in front of it.




At the Fisherman's Wharf we visited Pier 39 and there were all these seals on the docks. Then we read a sign that stated in the early 1900's they took over the docks and so boats haven't docked there since.




There is Alcatrez in the background. We didn't have time to take a cruise to it.



Here is Zack and I on the pier....thats Golden Gate in the background



Beautiful view of some of the city behind me. No one told me it was NYC with a CA flair. No wonder they are the two most expensive cities to live in. I love the fast pace, walking, and feel of these cities. I can't wait to get Denise to go here with me sometime!



We didn't get to many photos since it was a fast trip. On Friday night we went walking around Union Square which is kind of like SoHo and 5th Ave in NYC. Tons of shopping with stores like Neiman Marcus and Barney's. After we ate and shopped we walked past this bar called the Gold Dust Lounge and had to stop in. It was like an old western saloon and they had a live band playing music from the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's of classic rock and roll. They were playing Johnny Cash, the Steve Miller Band, and John Denver. When they busted out Country Roads everyone in the bar was singing along. It was fun, unfortunately Zack and I were tired so we didn't stay more then an hour.



















3 comments:

Mary said...

You guys do the funnest things! I'm glad you had fun.

Ammon and Tasha said...

Oh you make me miss home!!! what a fun weekend! It is funny though all the things that you did that weekend on vacation we used to go on field trips there from school. it was fun growing up in cali! glad you guys had a great time!

Mama Bear said...

Oh!!! That looked like so much fun!!!! Glad you and I both got in some Ghiradelli ice cream this last week. Of course, mine wasn't from the home town. Oh, I want to go!!! Lets do a couple thing...