Zack and I began experiencing huge sleep issues within the first night of staying in London. We would go to bed at like 11 from being so exhausted walking all over, and then would wake up wide awake at like 1:30am. It was awful. The only hope we had of finally going back to sleep would be taking Unisom's and then waiting till they fully kicked in. On Friday night it was so bad we actually watched a movie and finally fell asleep at like 3:30am. It sucked because come Saturday morning we couldn't get up till like 10am. We had decided to go to Westminster to see the Abbey, Big Ben, and the House of Parliament. By the time we got there around 12 it was so packed with crazy tour groups it took 10 minutes just to get out of the subway and cross a street. I couldn't handle it so we snapped a shot and headed out.
I didn't know where to go at this point but I knew Buckingham Palace was somewhere in the vicinity. As soon as we saw the gardens I knew we were in the right area. The only problem was that the crowds were following too. It was hard to get in front of the Palace so we snapped another quick shot and made a run for it.


We ended up wandering down a major shopping mecca where we saw the famous Harrods. It was fun but still too many tourists. Pretty soon we were back in South Kensington at the Victoria & Albert museum. I really wanted to go so we headed in. But about 5 minutes into it, I just couldn't keep walking. We were trashed. So we rode the train home and passed out agin for another nap. Later that evening we wanted to go out but our legs and feet were acting like they were going on strike. We needed to get dinner so we knew we had to go out. We decided to ride the train to this area called Picadilly Circus which is in the Soho district. It was a super cool area and had a much younger vibe. Lots of clubs and bars along with tons of shopping. Below is Zack in front of some of the cool streets we walked.

We hung out at a cool bar for a bit just couldn't get our energy back so we called it a night and headed back home. On our last day (which was Sunday) we got up early so we could go back to Westminster and hopefully avoid crowds. It worked. The only problem was that because it was Sunday we couldn't go inside the Abbey as it was closed for services.

House of Parliament. Breathtaking!


Westminster Abbey, equally breathtaking.
The right one below is of me in front of Big Ben...most people think its the clock but Big Ben is actually the bell inside.




We walked across a bridge to see the view from the other side. Then walked across another bridge that was closer to Whitehall Palace. Shown below. Can the buildings get any cooler. The whole city blew me away. I would move there in a heartbeat if Zack ever got work there. After hanging out a bit we rode the tube back to our fav neighborhood Kensington, had lunch, got lost, and then slept a bit on the ground at Kensington Park.
We definitely needed more time as we trashed ourselves in those 4 days but it was worth it. On Monday we flew home and thankfully had a day flight. 8 hours on a plane sucks, but its better then a night flight if you know you can't sleep. Our flight once again routed to Washington and then back to NYC. Our luggage got last at DC so it didn't make it to NY. This sucked because we had to put the same gross clothes on the next day for our flight from NY to home. Oh well. What's a good trip without some bumps. (In our case a lot of them.)
2 comments:
Now I REALLY want to go back to London! Looks like you guys had a great trip.
I want to go!!!!!!!!! I'm totally whining right now!
Post a Comment