CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Lots of Beach Fun...



It has been one crazy fun week for Zack and I. Last Friday we flew to San Diego to suprise my Dad for his 80th b-day. He knew my two sisters would be there but my brother and I (along with Zack and Natalie of course) were a total suprise. I will post more about that trip later today. Anyway on Monday we drove up to Laguna Beach, CA to spend 4 days at Zack's Aunts beach house. We invited our friends Justin and Nicole to come along with their daughter London.




Below are London and Natalie on the beach. It was so relaxing. We had no major plans. Before going we thought of doing Disneyland but after tackling the San Diego Zoo and realizing Natalie is a bit to young for all day excursions we decided life was better spent on the beach. Lucky for us Nicole and Justin were just as lazy as us, LOL! We would put our girls down for naps and then not reappear until they woke up. We found ourselves sprawled out on on the decks sunbathing and snoozing too.





There is a really cool rocky area that during lowtide you could walk on and it was covered with shells, tons of starfish, and anemones. Justin and Nicole happened to be exploring over there one day when they stumbled upon a model shoot. Mind you it was a swimsuit model shoot and poor Zack felt left out since we had already headed back to the house to clean up.




















I am telling you- there is nothing better then the sand for Natalie. Everyonce in awhile we would have her walk near the waves but all she really wanted was to get super dirty and play in the sand. Talk about free entertainment completely stress free. Why don't I live on a beach.












Justin had this great idea to build a fort and then a small amount of water flooded in and the girls went nuts over it. They would wade and shovel sand all around. I swear they spent a good hour in that pit while Justin slaved to keep the waves from overtaking it by digging trenches. It was hilarious. Meanwhile they boys played frisbee and Nicole and I did what girls do best...layout in beach chairs. (j/k) All in all it was super relaxing and so much fun for the girls and us.






3 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like tons of fun! I'm going to live by the beach someday...I hope :)

Michelle said...

It looks like you had a nice and relaxing trip! I'm glad the girls had so much fun in the sand. It's always more relaxing when the kids are occupied and you can just be lazy :) Much better than walking around a crowded Disneyland.

Mama Bear said...

Natalie and those pics of her in the sand with her feet sticking up are just hilarious!!! I wish I could have come!