CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 4, 2009






So, as I stated in my beach post...my dad just turned 80 and we flew out to suprise him. He lives in Phoenix but has a boat docked in San Diego that he likes to spend his summers on. A few years ago my dad got a serious infection from a procedure he had done and almost died. He was in the ICU for over a week. Shortly after I decided we needed to preserve his life story since it dates back to the Great Depression. I interviewed him and he gave me these really old black and white photos of him and his family. I knew I wanted to do something with them but wasn't sure what. Well, when this trip got planned I knew it was time to blow the dust off them. I scrapbooked each decade he was alive with what he was doing and what historic things were happening. Then my sisters and I all wrote something from each of us to him (a poem, letter, memory, etc.) and added them to the end of the book. It turned out so awesome and the night of his birthday we gave it to him over dinner. He started to cry and we all started to lose it too! Below is him looking at the book.







The only major activity we did was go to the San Diego zoo. Above is my dad and my sister Candice. We knew my dad wouldn't last all day walking so we talked him out of his pride and got him to sit in a wheelchair.







I am so glad we did this for him. It felt so good to suprise him and show him how much we love him. Happy 80th Dad!!!



1 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

What AN AWESOME birthday gift! that was so sweet of you guys! i am sure that he just absolutely LOVE IT!