
I am a huge fan of old English History. Who would have thought. I never enjoyed my history classes in school on America (which is sad). However, after the first book I read about King Henry VIII I knew I was hooked with that era. I have read so much about the Tudors, the Plantagenets and other various people of interest. I am fascinated not only with the people but the rise and fall of the catholic church in England as well as the beginnings of Luthernism and Protestantism.
All in all I have developed a case of must seeitis. (I must see this place or else...) And so after a month or two of convincing Zack that London was our it destination, he conceded. I have never been so exited to go anywhere. I cannot wait to visit the Tower and see so much history. Just to give Zack a taste of some of what I have read, we are watching the Tudors together. (Showtime series)
Why you may ask am I blogging about this right now...well I just got my passport in the mail today. Ahhh, its really happening. The hotel is booked, our flights are purchased and we leave the day before our 5 year anniversary, July 7th to embark on this journey. Hopefully I will not fall in love so much that I refuse to come back.
Friday, June 5, 2009
I see London, I see France, I see....
Posted by The Eds at 5:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh, I am so jealous! You are gonna love it there! I can't wait for you to go so I can see pics :)
Post a Comment