CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Clean up on aisle nine...



The other night I noticed that we had strawberries left that were not looking to hot. We also has some vanilla ice cream that was being eaten by frost since it was left over from Natalies b-day party. (Mind you that was back in May.) So, I thought strawberry shakes were in order. Since I needed to get rid of both the ice cream and berries, it made a lot. I didn't want all the calories going to my hips so I split the portion evenly with Natalie. I put her's in a tupperware container and gave her a spoon while I sat down at the table with my cup full. I read a magazine and glanced over to make sure she was able to spoon hers out and she was...half down the front, the other half in her mouth. Pretty soon, mine was gone and she was still eating. So I let her keep at it figuring she would let me know when she was done. Before long, she did stop eating. We soon took a bath at which point she started crying and wouldn't let me out of her sight. She was acting really weird and it was only 6. She normally doesn't go down till 7. I wasn't sure what to do, so I though maybe it was her teeth bothering her. I loaded her in the car and decided to head to Walgreens to get Tylenol as we were out. (Zack was in CA) We got to the store and just as I am about to grab the box of Tylenol, Natalie barfs all over me. Not just a little mind you, a lot. So much in fact that it starts to waterfall down my pant leg into a puddle on the floor. I grabbed the box, checked out much to the clerks disgust and headed home. (I did let the clerk know some clean-up was needed in the baby aisle.) Needless to say, I gagged almost the whole way home from the smell, and Natalie was very content in the backseat. Case in point- do not let your kid eat ice cream until they think they are done...
bad idea!!!

6 comments:

meg said...

Oh NO! She's got Aunt Megan in her...absolutely no self control. How disgusting. I would have joined her in the Walgreens isle and barfed too. Being a parent is so fun sometimes!

Mary said...

Oh, that totally sucks! That is a huge bowl of icecream.

NicKnight said...

Poor girls, that sucks! There's just nothin' like sloshing around in your childs barf in your shoes! I totally feel your pain we've experienced that in the store too, it should be like mommy initiation or something.

Ammon and Tasha said...

Oh my gosh that sucks!! I would have bolted right out of the store if Izzy did that to me. But being a mom we have all been up chucked on quite a few times!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

Yikes! I know the feeling, parker had a total blow-out at Asian Star today!

Mama Bear said...

Jeff says you shouldn't feed a kid that weighs 3 ounces.. 4 ounces of food... lol.. Just kidding!!! Thats my favorite story yet!